Cosmic Quest Update

Updates on the Cosmic Quest summer souvenir campaign have been released! Between July 22 and September 1, the geocaching community will be trying to help our intergalactic friends by generating enough fuel for them to continue their stellar journey. Fuel is earned by completing the following tasks, with each task earning a certain number of units of fuel:

  • Activate a trackable - 1 unit
  • Attend an event - 3 units
  • Receive a favorite point on an owned geocache - 2 units
  • Find an EarthCache - 5 units
  • Find any other cache type, excluding Webcams - 1 unit
There will be three souvenirs available:
  • Super Fuel - earn 20 units of fuel individually
  • Ultra Fuel - earn 100 units of fuel individually
  • Lift Off - earn 15 million units of fuel globally
So, even though rewarding a cache a favorite point doesn't help you out as an individual in the short term, it helps someone else individually, and adds to the global units earned in the long run. It's great to think of helping our fellow geocachers reach a common goal like that. I'm usually pretty stingy with my favorite points, but I'll probably be a little bit more free with giving them out.
I also have a good number of trackables that need to be activated - will I find the time to get them organized enough to sit down any finally get that done?
It looks like this could be fun. I will definitely do what I can to earn the first two souvenirs, since I can control that, and I'll be checking the Leaderboard frequently, where individual and global updates will be shown. For more information on the Cosmic Quest, visit the official blog post.

Comments