2023 - My Year in Review

What did I accomplish this year? The answer is easy - nothing! At least where geocaching is concerned. That's not to say I didn't go geocaching, I did, and pretty often, but I kept busy this year trying to keep up with all of the souvenir campaigns. Check out my summary graphic to see what I mean:

I started the year off by finishing up the Signal's Labyrinth campaign, then moved right in to the next multi-month souvenir campaign, the Wheel of Challenges. Taking two cruise vacations got me geocaching on four new Caribbean islands, where I earned location-specific souvenirs.

My goals for 2024 are varied. I have some more travel planned, so getting new country souvenirs is something I'm working towards - I've even planned one leg of a flight so that it would go through a specific country that has Adventure labs in the airport. In December, I was contacted by an officer of the Maryland Geocaching Society and asked if I would like to hide a cache for their annual Cache Across Maryland. I agreed to do it, so that's currently in the works. It'll be the highest profile cache that I've ever attempted, so I want to make it good, plus hide some bonus caches. And since I didn't work on last year's goals at all, I think I'll just put them back on the list: the completion of the Experience Tioga County (2) and the Berkeley Gadgets (20) GeoTours, continuing to work on the Find Your Chesapeake (32) GeoTour and using my Adventure Lab credit (yes, I still haven't done anything with it). I could work on some older GeoTours, like the Star-Spangled Banner (15) or Captain John Smith (20) GeoTours, that are in the area, or possibly plan a weekend trip to explore some new Geotours in Ohio, like the Belmont County Bigfoot or Ohio's Largest Playground Geotours, which were both started in September 2023. There's also the Murals of Marion County Geocaching Trail in West Virginia that's been on my radar since late 2022. I've also been bugging Tom for years about going to New York City to do the Bridges and Arches of Central Park, maybe I can convince him to go up for a weekend or two and knock it out?

Well, I've got a lot going on this year, so we'll see if any of my goals, both big and small, will be achievable. Good luck with your goals this year!

Comments